GLOBAL HAVOC: SELF CARE TIPS DURING THE EMERGENCE OF COVID VARIANTS
In the year 2020, an unprecedented wave of Covid caused a dramatic loss in lives and livelihood globally. The worldwide havoc challenged public healthcare facilities, food systems, and the working cycle. It has been almost two years since the pandemic hit but Covid hasn’t vanished from our lives instead instilled fear of death and losing beloved ones.
In India, the death count due to Covid has struck a whopping count of 468,980 while these figures shot up to 801,326 in the USA – Statista report. With the evolvement of new variants of Covid, boosting immune efficiency your body is the prime concern to fight against the dreadful virus.
The right diet, workout sessions, and following issued norms will help curb the Covid wave. Are you wondering about the healthy consumables suitable for you? Get healthy eating tips during Covid from certified health professionals through Healpha. We are a team progressive towards connecting care seekers and givers through digitized solutions.
How has Covid Affected the Lives?
Covid-19 has significantly impacted the lives marking social and psychological effects. Reportedly, social distancing and security measures have pushed individuals towards depression, anxiety, and stress disorders.
Being an epidemiological and psychological crisis, Covid challenged the mental and emotional well-being of the individuals.
Seek consultation with the doctors if you identify the following anxiety symptoms in yourself:
- Persistent worrying
- Lack of concentration
Symptoms of a panic attack:
- Rapid heart rate
Symptoms of depression:
- Low interest in regular activities
- Insomnia or more sleeping
- A heightened feeling of guilt and worthlessness
- Recurring suicidal thoughts
Covid Variants: Covid Family Expansion
The deadly virus has mutated in multiple forms as variants of concern. Covid mutated as Alpha, Beta, Gamma, Delta, and Omicron thereby surging the covid cases. However, speeding the global vaccination drive has mitigated the risk of Covid severity yet public health remains the major aspect.
According to ‘Our World in Data’ stats, 31.73% population of India is fully vaccinated. Moreover, due to the surge in Covid cases, many European countries are adjusting and struggling to acquire stability amidst a fresh infectious wave of Covid to attain sustainability.
The Right Diet to Boost Immune Efficiency
A balanced diet ensures proper nutrition reaching your body thereby enhancing immune efficiency. Here are healthy consumables for a healthy body:
- Fruits, vegetables, legumes including beans and lentils, nuts, unprocessed whole grains, meat, eggs, and milk. Avoid frozen food as fresh consumables retain the flavor and nutrients to provide sufficient energy.
- Drink plenty of water as it is a great source of transporting nutrients and compounds in the blood and will help in secreting waste out of your body.
- Prefer white meat and fish as it contains low fat that will keep the cholesterol at a lower level.
- Limit the amount of sugar & salt intake (to less than 5g) and high-sodium condiments as well.
- If you are a fan of junk food, avoid it for a while to lower the physical contact with people to reduce the spread of contagious Covid variants.
Covid wave is unanticipated that has created havoc worldwide. Regardless of the mutation of the virus, the cumulative efforts of researchers and scientists have given a relief to decline the death toll. To safeguard ourselves, the right diet during Covid will help in curbing the dangerous effect. Get healthy tips online at your comfort level through Healpha.